"I'm not dead, just floating" - Pink
Awrighty, so I'm still alive . . . just not updating or anything like that . . .
BUT! For all you dudes who still are watching my once-dead DA, within 7-8 days you will all be spammed with the works and sketches I have been doing for the past two and a half years. BE PREPARED!
In the meantime, I got tagged recently by Maldictus (who's got some pretty rad poetry going on, I'd recommend reading it), and I figured, "Nyeh. Why the hell not?"
SO! Here are the rules:
1. Write the rules
2. Write thirteen things about yourself
3. Answer thirteen questions made by the person who tagged you, and make your own thirteen questions.
4. Tag thirteen Deviants.
5. Make sure they know that they are tagged.
6. Don't be an ass and say "You're tagged if you read this . . ."
7. YOU MUST TAG!
8. All the tag-backs!
9. Do this in the journal, not the comments.
10. If you don't do this in a week, you must obey the wish of the person who tagged you.
Honestly though, if I tag you and you have no interest in doing this, I won't force you to participate. I also won't enforce any of the rules (except number 9). I just thought it'd be fun to do myself. But if you feel like this is for noobs or you've got no time . . . whelp, you're your own person. Do what you want.
1. I've recently discovered that my attempts at humor in public have a 50-50 chance at either succeeding in making me the class clown or that annoying try-hard no one wants around.
2. I'm a firm believer that it is not the subject but the teacher who makes or breaks a class.
3. Cuttlefish are the absolute coolest sea-creatures on this planet.
4. I'm considering going Vegetarian again, but the last time I tried that I got severe anemia (just got over that recently too), and have been rather skeptical of such a condition not reoccurring.
5. I'm one of those people who you can never tell whether they're joking or being serious. It makes classroom discussions . . . special.
6. For the longest time I thought Feminism was completely and only misandry. Because of that I despised it, and only this school year was I proven wrong. So yes, I am a Feminist, and am completely against one gender being better than the other (that goes for men>women, and women>men) (Honestly though, fuck gender. Just . . . fuck it).
7. Just found out a few weeks ago that being asexual is not the same as being aromantic. Good think too, 'cause I'm in a healthy relationship right now and don't plan on dropping out any time at all.
8. Said partner has infected me with the Homestuck Plague, and we will be cosplaying at Promstuck and Gencon this year.
9. I'm "multilingual"; I speak mostly English, learning German in school, and taught myself American (for the idiots).
10. Favorite foods are sushi and shell fish (which I'll be sad to give up if I go Vegetarian).
11. I have a fear of geese. This comes from when I was a kid, walking around the pond next to my house one summer, and feeding the geese slices of bread. As I walked, the geese crowded behind me, and eventually chased me, biting at my arms and legs until I dropped the bread. The scars have mostly faded since then but still . . . fuck geese.
12. I love AP and IB classes, because they cannot be bullshitted. You have to really work hard in those classes, and I find it really does expand your mind and knowledge a lot more than regular classes. I just prefer the overall curriculum more.
13. Favorite author is still Darren Shan. That will probably never change.
Ok, onto Maldictus's Questions:
Q1. If you could have a theme song for your life, what do you think it'd be or would you want it to be?
A1. I think that These Dreams by Heart would be a good one for me. I often have my head in the clouds, whenever I can, trying to escape reality into my own fictitious worlds where I control the fates of my heroes. It's a delusional, powerful thing, being a God in your own universe.
Q2. Favorite game character and why?
A2. Link from LOZ, simply because he's not so much of a plot character as he is a literal link for the player into the game. He's a blank piece of paper for us to write ourselves on, and I think that's a really creative way to establish a player-to-story connection.
Q3. Favorite primordial element? (Doesn't have to be one of the main four; go ahead and be imaginative).
A3. Hope. I've always been fascinated by the drive living beings have to survive and thrive, even if all seems lost. It's also amazing how it can rally a community together, create bonds, breeding the placebo effect . . . it is a human's greatest friend and foe, and this is why I love it so (I made a rhymey-thingy!)
Q4. Favorite proverb or philosophical quote?
A4. "A sound soul in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else." - John Locke
Q5. If you could have any one item (and subsequent material to make it function), the concept of which already exists, be in real or in a fictional medium you can source, what item would you choose?
A5. Sburb, so I can make copies of it, send it out to my bros, and we can all enter a session together, destroy our known universe, become Gods, fart around with our new found powers, and beat the shit out of Jack Noir.
Q6. Favorite weather?
A6. Cloudy, humid, either lightly raining or just after a rain, about 60 degree Fahrenheit, no one outside, no cars on the road . . . perfect for thinking.
Q7. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
A7. I have a real knack at making awkward situations humorous, and serious conversations awkward.
Q8. If you could live anywhere (provided with the means to do so enjoyably), where would you live? Give both a real and fictional answer, with reasons for each.
A8. Real: The big island of Hawaii. I've vacationed there before, and I truly find it to be a form of paradise. The climate there is about the same year round, and there's no need for air conditioning or heating (most buildings just have screens. No glass). The people are super kind, and live a very bohemian lifestyle, since their houses could be destroyed by lava any day now. The sights are breathtaking, the culture ages old yet combining with modern discoveries, and you haven't lived until you've had a meal at Ken's Diner in Kona, or gotten tossed around in the massive waves of the Green Sand Beach. If you ever get the chance to go to Hawaii, JUST DO IT!
Fictional: This has always been a dream of mine. I want to live inside of the cave of a mountain. It'd be deep, with access to a hot spring where I'd bathe, and ledges for either a hammock or a mattress. I'd probably grow some of my food (veggies and fruit), and buy the rest (but only as much as I would eat for that day; no refrigeration). It would be locally produced, ideally in a small, rather isolated town in a valley sandwiched by two mountain ridges on either side, and a river running through. I'd often go to town, doing odd jobs here and there, selling art, giving a helping hand in community events. I'd like to be that one person all the young ones like to sit around with, wanting pieces of their wisdom and their fantastic stories. Every day I'd paint and draw pieces, write comics, make music. Ideally, there would be a place somewhere in town with Wifi so I could stay in touch with the rest of the world (since my cave wouldn't have electricity). This is honestly my dream, to live like this. Maybe I'll write a few short stories about it, if you guys are interested in reading more.
Q9. You have one day left to live. If money wasn't an issue, how would you spend your day?
A9. I'd follow one of my greatest dreams: get a massive, several-ton dildo and destroy people's houses with it.
Q10. Do you have an inspirational figure?
A10. Not really. I mean, my muse is a half-dead skeletal entity I pretend is my demon helper. Does that count at all?
Q11. What, in your opinion, is the single greatest issue facing humanity today?
A11. Ignorance and shortsightedness.
Q12. What would you say is the best dish you can cook?
A12. Pasta. I make a mean Gorgonzola sauce.
Q13. You're driving a bus. At the first stop 10 people get on. At the second, 3 people get on, 6 get off. At the third, 5 get on and 2 get off. What is the name of the driver?
A13. Satan ._. I'm not funny
Mah Questions for all you peeps:
1. Hammers or sickles?
2. Do you think white chocolate should be considered chocolate?
3. What do you think your purpose in life is/ what is the meaning of life to you?
4. Do you find that you associate more with the crowd or have you the boarded the SS Fuck this I'm Doing My Own Thing? Why?
5. You still love Zombies? If yes, why? If no, what would you change about them?
6. You're taking a walk at night and you think someone is following you. What would you do/what weapon would you like to have in defending yourself?
7. Right brain? Left brain? Both? Neither????
8. If you had the power to reverse time for ten seconds once a day, would you?
9. Do you think Creepypasta has died? Should it be brought back? If so, how?
10. If you had full control over your own demise, how would you want to go out?
11. How hard is it for you to read Shakespeare? Rate from piece of cake to oh God don't even start.
12. What do you fear most? (Please try to avoid cliches here)
13. Tell a joke.
I henceforth declare thee tagged:
Keep in mind, those I've tagged don't have to do this if they don't so desire. Also, if those whom I've not tagged want to give this a go, by all means do what you want.
I'm off to go get some sleep now. -_-